International Women's Day Committee
Volunteer Position Description
The International Women's Day (IWD) Student Committee provides a great opportunity for students to experience civic responsibility first-hand and gain a greater sense of connection to the college community. The student committee will play a key leadership role in the execution of on-campus activities to increase awareness of global citizenship, and how students can positively impact their local and global communities.
Weekly team meetings provide opportunities for development and growth related to event planning, community development and team-building!
This is a short-term volunteer opportunity which lasts from early February to mid-March each year.
- Be a part-time or full-time registered student at Conestoga College
- Be a positive ambassador of Conestoga College
- Have energy, will and enthusiasm to create positive change
- Be available to attend weekly or bi-weekly meetings and attend the event on March 8
- Possess or have a desire to build strong communication and teamwork skills
Roles and Responsibilities
- Meet weekly or bi-weekly for an hour to 1.5 hours from early February through to mid-March
- Participate in the brainstorming, organization, promotion and execution of a one-day event on March 8
For more information, contact Chelsea Winn, Student Life Programmer – Leadership Initiatives, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or ext. 3310.