How We Support You
It is not uncommon for students to have challenges related to being GLBTQ. We recognize and embrace the challenges you may face, whether it may be related to coming out issues or transitioning in any way. Conestoga provides a number of services and opportunities for all students to get involved and connect. Our hope is that your adjustment into the Conestoga community will be a comfortable and seamless one. We provide many supports in order to help you in making this happen!
Some Services to Support You
- Conestoga Students Inc.
- Counselling Services
- Health Services
- Learning Commons
- LRC (Library Resource Centre)
- Security and Parking Services
- Student Life
For a full list of college services, visit the “Student Services” tab at the top of this page.
Gender Neutral Washroom: The gender neutral washroom is a single-use facility at Doon Campus with no specific identification towards gender. All people are welcome to use the washroom regardless of gender or sexual orientation. It is located at 2A118B in the Student Life Centre, near the Sanctuary and across from the Adaptive Technology Lab.
Activities & Ways to Connect
- Conestoga Gay-Straight Alliance
- Conestoga Students Inc. Clubs
- Respect Campaign
- Student Life
- GLBTQ Welcome Night: Held in September each year, Student Life organizes an event that provides an opportunity for GLBTQ students to connect with others, while learning about the services and other opportunities to connect in the Conestoga community. Visit the Student Life website early September to learn more about this event.