Parking enforcement at all Conestoga campuses and the Residence is governed by both Conestoga College and the municipality in which the campus is located.
Appeal or Pay a Parking Ticket
If you wish to appeal or pay a Conestoga issued parking ticket, please use the Lookup a Ticket process online. All appeals under $250.00 must be done online. If you have a $250.00 ticket you cannot appeal online and must attend the parking office at Doon. No appeals will be done by email. Appeals must be received within five (5) days of the offence. A valid appeal can be based only on the contention that a violation was issued contrary to the Parking Regulations or in error before an appeal will be considered.
Top 10 Ways to Avoid Getting a Parking Ticket
- You must have a valid parking permit or pay and display stub to park on campus.
- Make sure your permit or pay and display stub is clearly displayed at all times. Watch for air fresheners or sun screens blocking your permit.
- If you forget your permit contact Parking Services right away. Please know your licence plate, the make and model of your vehicle and which parking lot you are parked in.
- If you are parking by the hour, make sure you have given yourself enough time.
- Do not park in a fire route or bus route.
- Do not park in reserved spaces or lots that have been closed.
- Unless you have a valid Ontario Accessibility permit do not park in an accessible space.
- Do not alter your permit or your pay and display stub.
- If your parking lot is full, contact Parking Services for assistance
- Always park in a parking space.
Conestoga College Parking office uses vehicle immobilizers (also known as boots) as an additional parking enforcement tool. A vehicle boot is a device attached to the front driver’s side wheel, which immobilizes the vehicle until it is removed by authorities. Conestoga College is not responsible for any damages that may occur as result of the removal or immobilization of any vehicle. Parking Services will tow or use the auto-boot immobilizer for offenses including, but not limited to:
- The vehicle/license plate appearing on the multiple ticket offender list for unpaid citations
- Prior Notices to Appear
- Parking in marked handicapped spaces without authorization
- Blocking the roadway or blocking service or emergency vehicle egress
- Creating a road hazard or damage to property and/or grounds
- Displaying an altered or forged Conestoga College parking permit
- Deemed to be abandoned on college property
- Designated by the college through disciplinary action or hearing process as banned from campus
Towing of Vehicles
All immobilized vehicles that have not been released within 24 hours of the application of the vehicle boot will be towed at the owner’s expense. Penalties and/or fees will be assessed to the student’s account including any citation for violation at the time the vehicle is immobilized, including any tow charges.
An attempt to remove the vehicle boot that results in damage to the wheel lock will result in appropriate fees being charged to the student’s account for the full cost of replacement.
Employees in violation will be subject to the College discipline procedure. Employees will be subject to appropriate fees associated with equipment damage and will be subject to the employee discipline procedure. Visitors are subject to fines and may be subject to Private Property Trespass Act.
Conestoga College is not responsible for damage to vehicles associated with the placement of the vehicle boot on an impounded vehicle.
Vehicle Booting Fees
- $100 Tampering Fine
- $250 Replacement for Damaged Vehicle Boots
Arrangements for boot removal may be made by contacting the Parking Office at 519-748-5220 ext. 3531 or ext. 3357 for after-hours assistance. Only Security and Parking Enforcement are authorized to remove a boot from a vehicle. If a boot is removed by anyone other than the authorized personnel or is tampered with in any way, the Tampering Fine of $100.00 will be charged. A replacement cost of $250.00 will be charged for a damaged or lost boot. Payment will be accepted by a major credit card, Debit, ONE Card, or cash at the parking office.