Welcome to the School of Health & Life Sciences and Community Services
The School of Health & Life Sciences and Community Services can be your beginning to a career that makes a difference to people!
Find What Fits For You
- Bring your passion for working with people - find the career area/program of most interest
- Build on your interest and education in sciences and your aptitude for critical thinking - for a Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Bachelor of Applied Health Information Science, or diploma in Respiratory Therapy or Biotechnology
- Develop your naturally inquisitive style and your investigative skills in Protection/Security and Investigation or Policing
- Expand your conceptual thinking skills and computer expertise to support healthcare guidance systems with a degree in Applied Health Information Science
- Pursue your desire to contribute to safe, inclusive and just communities through a career in community and criminal justice with our Bachelor of Community and Criminal Justice (Honours) program
Make Plans For Your Future
If any of the following situations apply to you, why not consider one of these program options?
I'm not sure where to start or need to upgrade...
- Health Science Foundations - General Arts & Science Health Option
- Pre-Health Sciences
- Human Services Foundations
I want a 1-year certificate
- To work in Health Care: Personal Support Worker (Sept. & Jan. starts at Conestoga's Doon Campus and at the Village of Riverside Glen in Guelph. Sept. starts at University Gates in Waterloo)
I want a professional credential in 2 - 3 years
- To work in Community Services: Social Services, Recreation and Leisure, Early Childhood Education, Educational Support (Sept. starts at University Gates in Waterloo)
- To become a Health Care Professional: Practical Nursing (Sept. & Jan. starts at Conestoga's Doon Campus), Hearing Instrument Specialist, Occupational and Physiotherapist Assistant, Fitness and Health Promotion, Respiratory Therapist
- To serve in Emergency Care/Protective Services: Protection/Security and Investigation, Police Foundations, Advanced Police Studies, Pre-Service Fire, Paramedic
- To enter the fields of biomedical/industrial/agricultural development, testing & production: Biotechnology Technician
I want a 4-year degree
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (with entry options)
- Bachelor of Applied Health Information Science
- Bachelor of Community and Criminal Justice (Honours)
- Bachelor of Early Learning Program Development (Honours)
- Bachelor of Environmental Public Health (Honours)
I want to work and learn in a part-time or Apprenticeship Program
- Check our Continuing Education offerings for part-time programs - including a part-time delivery of some of the above programs.
- We also offer Developmental Services Worker Apprenticeship Programs.
I want to upgrade or expand my career options
- Check our Continuing Education offerings for specialized courses as well as post-graduate certifications - such as Advanced Police Studies, Paralegal, RPN to BScN programs.
Our first class facilities including our new Cowan Health Sciences Centre, our highly educated faculty with professional practice experience and our reputation for education that focuses on employment make the School of Health & Life Sciences and Community Services a place to begin—or change—your career.
Stay tuned for New Programs coming in 2017... Nutrition and Food Services Management