How Do I Get Started?
Conestoga does NOT mail start-up packages to students. All information is available online. Once registered, we will email you the start-up information. Student accounts will be activated for the start of your course. You may not start the course until the official start date. Courses run on average 10 - 14 weeks, depending on the course. Each OntarioLearn course has a scheduled start and end date and will have a schedule of when assignments are due. Most courses only have a semester intake (January, May or September); however, some courses do have monthly intakes/start dates. Check Course Details for your course information.
Please arrange for the following prior to your course start date:
- Ensure that you have an Internet Service Provider.
- Arrange to purchase any needed texts or materials.
- Determine your user Login ID and your password. A guide is provided in the start-up information that is emailed to you.
- Login into your course as soon as you have access and review any available training material (online tutorial or manual) to familiarize yourself with your course system.
- Now you are ready to begin.
You will not have access to the course until the start date. When logging into your course, go to www.ontariolearn.com and click on Log in. To access your course, you will be required to enter a "Username/Login ID" and a "Password." Make sure you read the information carefully and watch for announcements at this website once you have entered the course. OntarioLearn courses are delivered over various platforms/learning management systems. Courses may have a different look than others that you may have taken in the past or other courses you are currently registered in. If your course is hosted on the FirstClass platform, you will be required to download and install software before you can login to your course. Detailed instructions to download are available online by clicking here: www.ontariolearn.com/fc_install.htm
If you plan to complete your course on your workplace computer, please check with your IT department as some companies will have a firewall in place to prevent downloads. If you encounter any technical difficulties accessing your course after the start date, please contact Embanet Technical Support Help Desk at 1-800-695-5008 or visit www.ontariolearn.com/help. Technical assistance is available 24 hours per day, 7 days a week and is available to you for the duration of your course.
Each login username is unique to the individual. Students registered at Conestoga College will be using cg-(first 3 letters of first name)(last name up to 9 letters). The username cannot be more than 15 characters total with no hyphens, apostrophes or spaces in the name. The start-up information we email to you will assist you in determining your username. For example: Julie O'Student would be cg-julostudent
A generic password is assigned to each student. Your password is "newone" every time you are registered into a new course. Upon your initial connection, you will be required to change your "ePortal password." Please use your new password for all subsequent login attempts within your course(s).
Please ensure that the email on your profile is correct. It is to this email address that we will be sending the start-up information. The College or instructor may need to contact you, therefore this information is important.
If course registrations are insufficient: the course will be cancelled, students will be notified by the Registrar's Office and a full refund will be issued. Cancellation decisions are made approximately 4 days prior to the scheduled start date. It is important that students register at least a week prior to the start date to ensure access to the course. The refund deadline is 14 calendar days after the start date. NO REFUNDS will be issued after this date.
Note: check the Student Portal for the deadline to drop the course without academic penalty if you are unable to complete the course after the refund deadline.
Unless otherwise stated, all textbooks are extra. Refer to the Course Details for information regarding textbooks/materials required for your course and where to purchase. The Course Details will also specify if special software is required.
Your instructor will post whether you have an in-person exam which will be required to be written at your registering college. Refer to Book Final Exam for up-to-date exam schedules. You need to register for your final exam through the website at least three weeks prior to the exam time. The exam schedule will be made available shortly after the courses start. Please note that if you are registered with Accessibility Services you will need to contact us to book your exam. Proctored Mid-term exams are scheduled through our office.
Contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions about registering for your exam.
Marks will take approximately 3 - 4 weeks to be processed after the exam. They are posted on the Student Portal. You will require your student ID number and date of birth for the initial login. If you have any problems accessing the Student Portal, you may contact the Registrar's Office at 519-748-5220 ext. 3656.
Courses Available through OntarioLearn
Refer to Course Details for a current listing of courses available through OntarioLearn at Conestoga College. Each course will include information about fees, start dates and course information. There is a link at the top of each course page to register online.
Important Notes to Remember
- You will be expected to login to your course a minimum of once per week after the course commencement date.
- For those registering within one week of course commencement please be aware that it may take 48 - 72 hours for your account to be activated after your registration is processed.
- Although your instructor may be from another college, you are registered at Conestoga College and must abide by our Academic Policies. Please contact our college for any issues or concerns other than the course content that only the instructor can answer.
- Keep a copy of the start-up information until the end of the course.
- Keep a copy of the course materials that you have submitted on the course site, as well as a copy of the course outline/syllabus and grades. You may need it for future reference if you wish to appeal your grade or need to transfer the course credit.