GED (General Education Development)
About the GED
The GED is:
- an Ontario High School Equivalent Certificate for adults who have been unable to complete high school
- recognized by the Ontario government and other Canadian Provinces, by employers for application to employment, and by educational institutions to apply to a training or educational program
- a set of tests based on the high school curriculum in reading, writing, math, social studies and science
To take the GED test in Ontario, you must:
- be 18 years of age or older
- have not graduated high school
- have been out of school for at least one full year
- be a resident of Ontario
In Ontario the GED test is administered through the Independent Learning Centre. For more information visit their site.
How to Get Your GED Certificate
- Take the GED pre-test to see where you need to upgrade before taking the test.
- Take GED Preparation courses to prepare you to write the GED test.
- The Communications course strengthens your communication skills in reading comprehension, grammar fundamentals, and paragraph and essay writing to prepare you for the two language arts sections (writing and reading) of the GED.
- The Mathematics course will increase your skills in math so for the two GED math sections.
- You will also prepare for the social studies and science sections.
- Take the GED test.
- Register to take the GED test with the Independent Learning Centre (ILC). Register now
If you think the GED is the right choice for you, please contact Niki Lang at 519-748-5220, ext. 3681 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Test to determine whether students have the academic knowledge and skills to write the official GED Test (Ontario High School Equivalent Certificate) successfully. The results tell you how much academic upgrading you need to pass the GED Test.
AvailabilityGuelph, Waterloo, Stratford, Brantford or Cambridge (downtown Galt 150 Main St.)
By appointment only. Please call the campus directly to schedule an appointment.
Contact 519-748-5220 ext. 3681 or email@example.com